Are you more concerned with others perceptions of you? Or… Are your perceptions of yourself defined by you and you alone? Being comfortable within for many is an ever perplexing journey and for others, the journey is seamless and natural.
To be comfortable within, fortifies one’s emotions and behavior, and when met with the stresses of a challenging life, those who are comfortable within are able to remain level headed, confident in their truth and able to summons their ability to overcome. When one is comfortable within, even while facing unwarranted circumstances, these individuals are capable of remaining mentally and emotionally present and accountable for their choices and actions.
When we are uncomfortable within, we can be regularly afflicted with self-doubt, self-loathing and indecision. When uncomfortable within everything in life can be a challenge due to our indecisiveness; we may melt down oppose to calming down and we tend to seek affirming affirmations from others, outside ourselves. When we are uncomfortable within we can develop a habit of not defining our boundaries, and when we do not define our boundaries, we leave ourselves open to becoming constant victims of circumstance.
One mechanism I found for knowing and understand one’s self is journaling. Whether we are Comfortable Within or Uncomfortable Within, being able to pen one’s thoughts, experiences, life-dreams and day-dreams, is an inexpensive and therapeutic means to getting to know oneself. Below are a few questions to help you get started.
Journal Entry: Learning to become Comfortable Within
Find a place where you can be completely alone, and not influenced by outside forces that can result in feelings of guilt, insecurity, or embarrassment. And… Answer the Questions below, to help you begin to better focus on You.
- What are your best qualities?
- What nonphysical thing would you like to change or improve about yourself?
- What is your greatest accomplishment at present date? And what makes this your greatest accomplishment?
- What makes you laugh at yourself? Explain in detail.
- What was your life’s most frightening experience? How did you overcome it? Or… How are you dealing with it?
- What was the most empowering moment of your life? How did it make you feel?
- If by some magical ability you became a super hero overnight, what are your superpowers and how would you use them to benefit the world?
- What one thing can you do right now to bring you inner peace and happiness?
- What inspires you to do and be your best? Do you always present your best efforts? (Answer for the following: Job, Home, School, Family, Friends, Self). How do you know the effort you have given is your best?
Join me SistaSistaSister, Crystal J and Stephanie Wallace of LAID: (Love And Intimacy for the Disabled) Sunday (January 24 2016) as we explore what it means to be Comfortable Within.